SEND’s International Council is what might in some organizations be called a Board of Directors. The International Council is a body of elected or appointed members from around the world who jointly govern in policy matters of a global nature and strategic vision to SEND. The Council consists of twelve voting members, plus all regional directors as non-voting members. Eight of the voting members are non-salaried (at least six from councils of sending countries), and four are elected SEND members.
What Do They Do?
The basic governance tasks of International Council are:
- To identify the contribution SEND will make in the church and the world (i.e. its mission, its goals, and the ends it exists to achieve).
- To establish principles and articulate core values that will be observed in carrying out the work of the mission.
- Approve overall international objectives, and review the course of the mission and factors affecting its progress. Review and approve long-range planning and coordinate Mission resources.
- Establish and maintain Mission policy of a global nature. If such policy changes the nature of the Mission, as stated in its Constitution; such changes will be submitted to the Mission membership for ratification.
- Receive Regional reports in order to ensure that the affairs of regional and area operations are conducted in a manner consistent with the Mission‘s Constitution, Principles and Policies.
- Authorize the Articles of Incorporation of new areas and constitute new areas.
- Take action necessary and consistent with its function to fulfill its objectives.
- Approve mergers with other organizations.
- Appoint the International Director.
- Provide spiritual leadership and prayer support for SEND‘s international operations.
Who Are Its Members?
- Mr. Joel C. Aguilar, IEC, Chairman, Philippine Sending Council, Philippines — Division Head, Revenue Assurance, BAYAN Telecommunications, Inc.
- Mr. Harold Barg, Canadian Council – President – NDL Construction Ltd
- Mr. Richard Bernard, IEC, Chairman, US Council – President and Owner of Insurance Planning Service
- Mr. S. Chan, China
- Mrs. Deborah Davis, Spain
- Mr. Rex Durham, Europe Regional Director
- Mr. Jon Eckstein, East Asia Regional Director
- Mr. Heinrich Finger, IEC, Public Member, Director, VDM, Germany
- Rev. Doug Harder, South East Asia Regional Director
- Mrs. Rita Haudenschild, Taiwan
- Rev. Warren Janzen, International Director, SEND International
- Rev. Carl Kresge, Eurasia Regional Director
- Ms. Isabel Lee, IEC, US Council
- Mr. Stephen K. L. Lee, IEC, Chairman, East Asia Sending Council, Hong Kong
- Rev. Rodney Masterson, Canadian Council
- Mr. Ron Paradowicz, IEC
- Mr. Barry Rempel, North America Regional Director